Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mississippi Spring Visit

 Leah was amazing with Rio. She always wanted to hold him and play with him. She loved rubbing his  bald head.
 We had a blast going to the park close to Court's house. Rio loved the swing.
 Loved tasting the swing...
 Big bubba.
 Courtney made the best meals EVERY night. I was in heaven. I looked forward to dinner everyday!!
 Love my Aunt Chichi.
 Rio was so excited to meet his cousins. He would just watch them play all day. He absolutely loved the tot walker Court had... so did Mom :)
 Dodge is such a stud! He reminds me of Pedro... very sweet, good temperament, great with kids, barks at other dogs, and super funny.

 Rio was not used to Mississippi heat. He took quite a few random  naps during the day whenever we would spend time outside.
 Reached the stage where he likes to try and fit everything in his mouth.
 Rio loves his Noni!

 First time Rio met his Popi. They bonded immediately. Rio knew there was something special about this guy.
 Best Friends.
 Best picture out of the bunch. It took me a month or so to realize and accept that with baby pics, you just have to take what you can get!
 My sweet Hunter. So proud of this kid. 
 Hunter is the most amazing uncle. He will be joining us soon here in Utah, and we are all soooo excited. 
 Cannot get enough of those baby blue eyes.
My tired boy.

Rio was really cute with Miss Maia. He could not figure out why she did not move and talk to him like his cousins. I got some fun videos of these two playing. 

This trip was amazing. Gabe was in Italy while Rio and I were in Mississippi. It worked out well. It was so fun to watch Rio interact with his cousins, especially Maia. I was so happy to meet my sweet Maia for the first time. She is absolutely stunning. She was such a good baby. She loved to just chill in the swing. For our next baby, I want a swing like Courts! I really looked forward to nights hanging out with Courtney. We watched a bunch of Office episodes and chit chatted about everything. I am so lucky to have her and I cannot wait for them to move to Phoenix. It is only about 12 driving hours away. Gabe and I both travel to Phoenix a few times during the year for soccer, so we will have a bunch of fun mini visits. It was really hard to leave this trip. On any trip, you are ready to get home and get back to your own house and routine but I was quite sad to go and wish I could have stayed longer. There really is nothing better than spending your days with family and indulging in life's simple pleasures- being outside, going on walks, playing with the kids, swimming, good conversation, and being silly. Life is good!

1 comment: