Monday, October 8, 2012

Chicago

We headed out to Chicago in June for a soccer tournament with Gabe's 98 and 96 teams. It was nice to be able to all go together. Rio did great on the plane. It was extremely hot but it felt good to be in the humidity again.  




 Rio is great at our soccer games. He entertains himself the entire time.

 Gabe's 98s.

 "If a child is to keep alive his inborn sense of wonder, he or she needs the companionship of at least one adult who can share it, rediscovering with him the joy, excitement, and mystery of the world we live in." -Rachel Carsen



 We found a beach access point to Lake Michigan. It was absolutely beautiful. Rio was not too thrilled putting his feet in the cold water.
 We took a walk along a trail right next to a golf course everyday as family, always enjoying and admiring the scenery. I really miss the trees back east. I hope one day we can get some acres in the mountains and have our own little Smart family compound. I will become a radical homemaker- tend to the garden, make bread, rescue some animals in need, and maybe canning for the winter. Gabe's Mom is first class at this type of stuff and I know I can learn a lot from her once this dream comes true.
 Can you find the squirrel in this picture?
 Can you find the raccoon in this picture?
 Dena Floyd!! I saw Dena at the ECNL soccer event in Chicago. Dena and I grew up together in VA. I consider her a dear friend and it was nice catching up. She is coaching the women's soccer program at NC State. Very proud of her.
 Barnes and Noble trip. Gabe would watch Rio while I got my B&N fix everyday.
Always smiling.
 The creek we would cross everyday on our family walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment