Sunday, October 14, 2012

Summer Fun


 A friend of mine let me organize her child's playroom in the basement. I love doing stuff like this! Through cleaning blogs, books, and first hand experience, I have learned the best way to clean/organize is to tackle one thing at a time. It can be very daunting otherwise. First, I picked out any trash or items that did not belong in the playroom. Second, I did a quick scan of all the toys and started making piles for toys in common. You should always make a random pile for stuff you have no clue where to put. If you have to spend more then 5 seconds contemplating its purpose or where it goes, stick it in the random pile. Once everything has been placed in the proper piles, the random pile of stuff makes more sense and if it does not... recycle, donate or trash it! Finally, I made a special home for all the different piles in bins or little storage containers. I feel like an unorganized space for kids is overwhelming and does not create an environment for their imagination to come out. I need to remember that when I am tired and Rio just created utter chaos in his playroom :)



 Listening to a little music impromptu at the Zoo.

 My two sweet boys.

 Rio likes to wrestle Parker whenever they get together... it is super funny to watch. He will grunt at Parker and then lunge toward him and give him a bear hug (or try to swat his face).

 "If I have a monument in this world, it is my son"
-Maya Angelou


Our Superman.

1 comment:

  1. He's so stinkin cute! Getting super excited for your visit coming up.

    ReplyDelete