Friday, October 5, 2012

Summer Lovin l

 It is a blast to see Rio starting to make faces. I try to have my phone on hand as much as possible but sometimes I am not fast enough or he moves, so the pics are blurry. Enjoy!



 "But beneath the cloths, we find a man. And beneath a man, we find his nucleus".
-Nacho Libre
 With one of his soccer Aunties at training.
 Spoon. Notice the size of his hands.. I did not realize Rio had man hands until a mom put his hands up to her two year old and they were way bigger! Can you say basketball baby!!
 Part of our morning routine is to take the dog's on a walk when Rio is due for his first nap. Not the best thing to do according to baby center but at this point, whatever works!
 Starting to climb onto EVERYTHING.
 Mama's eyes.. And our sweet Bella Baby in the background. She has been so great with Rio. She follows him everywhere and just wants to be a part of the action. 
 Rio was sick for the first time and it was so sad. I felt helpless. Gabe was out of town and I thought Rio was going to die. I let my mind wander and think of the worst case scenarios. Rio's pediatrician told me I did not need to bring him in, that I should let his body fight it and watch his temperature. I was so paranoid and worried, that I took him in anyway to a local clinic. They checked him and said he would be just fine. I realized the best thing I could do was to make him as comfortable as possible. Taking him in was definitely worth the peace of mind for me. When we got home, I held and sang to him for the rest of the night. I also put a cold rag on his neck and head which he seemed to like. He slept a ton for 48 hours straight. Our bodies are so amazing and really know how to heal themselves. I feel like it is important to truly listen to what our bodies are telling us, rather then just pumping it with pills that yes, may make us feel better for the time being, but are really only masking what our body is trying to tell us.  I breastfed him a ton, gave him baby massages, let him sleep as much as he wanted, and his body took care of the rest. 

 Occasionally he would wake up and just moan while he rested on my lap.
 Feeling a bit better.
Feeling MUCH better!

No comments:

Post a Comment